How many chapters are in your textbook?
2) The chapters are organized into larger units. Write the
titles of the units below:
3) Turn to 'Using the Features', pages viii - ix, and read
these two pages. Once you have read through the 'Using the
Features' section, skim through the 'Introduction to Worldview'
pages 2 - 13 and see how many of the 'Features', listed on
pages viii - ix, are used in the 'Introduction to Worldview'
pages. List each of the 'Features' used, and the page(s) you
found it on.
of the 'Feature' Found
You Found the 'Feature' On
4) On what pages is the
glossary found? Provide a definition for the term 'Worldview'
from the glossary.
5) The time period that
was called the 'Age of Exploration' ran began in what period
of time (Hint: Refer to the timeline of key events inside
the front cover of the textbook.)
6) On what pages is the
index found? On what pages can references to Tsunamis be found?
7) List four Japanese cities (Hint: Refer to the map of the
world inside the back cover of the textbook).
8) What person inspired the story behind the movie Pirates
of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl? (Hint: Look in
Chapter 10 of your textbook, 'A Deadly Meeting', referring
to the 'FYI' notes' in the margins of the text.)
9) What types of people made use of mathematics during the
Renaissance? (Hint: Look in Chapter 4 of your textbook, 'The
Exchange of Ideas', for the answer, referring to the 'Exploring
Sources' textbook feature.)
10) What language is most used in the world today to express
technical concepts? (Hint: Look in Chapter 14 of your textbook,
'Edo Japan: A Closed Society' for the answer, referring to
the 'Zoom In' textbook features in the chapter.)