Shared Responsibility (Blended) Programs (DRAFT)
A Shared (Blended) program is a combination of Parent Directed and Teacher Directed courses. Sharing allows for the development of a flexible program for students.
For those families who have been homeschooling parent directed and would like to try out some Online Teacher Directed program, we offer the Shared Program.
This is a one-year transitional program for families to try out and perhaps transition into the Teacher Directed program
- If a course is selected as Teacher Directed, the rules and guidelines applying to Teacher Directed Programs are followed.
- If a course is selected as Parent Directed, the rules and guidelines applying to Parent Directed programs are followed.
- For grades 1-9, the Online portion for the student must be between 50-55%
- For grades 10-12, the Online portion for the student must be AB Ed minimum of 20%, but the total online portion must be a maximum of 2 courses
- The shared program is only for families who were not previously in the Online or shared program as it is meant to be a transitional/exploratory year for homeschooling families.
- Students choosing to study in a Shared Responsibility/Blended Program cannot register in more than one school, and % of Teacher vs Parent course totals cannot change after September 30th.
- Students in the 1 year transitional Shared Program are eligible for the full ($850.00) Home School Funding.