YOU CAN DO JUST THAT BY PARTICIPATING IN DUAL CREDIT!
Did you know that taking ED120 qualifies you for a $2,500 scholarship to study Early Learning and Child Care in college? Check out this website for more details.
What are the benefits of DUAL CREDIT COURSES??
- Student Success: Students gain confidence to succeed academically in a post-secondary environment
- Innovation: Students use the latest education technologies which prepares them for the technological workplace
- Convenience: Students learn what College Instructors expect while still in familiar high school surroundings
What DUAL CREDIT courses are available??
The following Lakeland College courses are available:
- ED120 Play
- HE141 Working Safely & Effectively as Health Care Aide
- HE145 Communication in the Health-Care Environment
- HL101 Introduction to Heavy Oil & Gas
- HS115 Exploring Exceptionalities
- HS160 Introduction to Esthetics
- SO102 Introduction to Soil Science
- SC140 Environmental Sustainability
More courses to come!
Who can apply for DUAL CREDIT courses??
Grade 10, 11 & 12 students
What does it cost to enrol in DUAL CREDIT COURSES??
Nothing! There is no cost to students!
How are DUAL CREDIT COURSES offered??
Students can participate in one of three ways:
- Participate in live online classes
- Listen to pre-recorded lectures
- A combination of both options above
What students have to say about DUAL CREDIT courses:
- “The days that I took the course I looked forward to coming to school.”
- “I like how it gives me the option to see if this is something I would want to do.”
- “It’s helped me want to become something great!”
For more information please contact:
Sheri Garnier, Dual-Credit Facilitator
East Central Alberta Catholic Schools
Janice Aughey, Innovation Project Facilitator
Application Package (PDF)