English 30-2 Sample
Feature Film Study
The Novel Study
- View Suggested Novels
Note: If you plan to read Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage, view The James Caird Society webpage that documents the journey of three descendents of Shackleton and his crew, who completed the voyage for their ancestors.
- The Novel Notes
- Novel Questions and Activities
- Essay Scoring Guide
- Essay Questions
- Empty Garden, Untitled and Rise Above This
- Complete the exams and forward the results to your teacher. The username is HOPE and the password is 3972.
- Spend 15 minutes a week at the website, then email your teacher the level you achieved and the number of grains of rice you donated.
Part A: Written – Complete the following and send it to your teacher.
- Visual Reflection – Section I
- Literary Exploration – Section II
- Persuasive Writing in Context – Section III
Part B: Multiple Choice
- Contact your teacher for the multiple choice section of the final exam.
Important Links for Diploma Exam Preparation:
Scoring Categories and Criteria for Eng 30-2 Diploma Exam (excerpted from Examples of the Standards for Students’ Writing From the January 2007 Diploma Examination – 66 pages )
- Visual Reflection – Scoring Guide
- Literary Exploration – Scoring Guide
- Persuasive Writing in Context – Scoring Guide
Examples of Assignment and Samples of Student Writing with Scores (excerpted from Examples of the Standards for Students’ Writing From the January 2007 Diploma Examination – 66 pages )
- Visual Reflection – Sample of Scoring (View the Coke and Earth poster referenced on page 1)
- Literary Exploration – Sample of Scoring
- Persuasive Writing in Context – Sample of Scoring
English 30-2 Information Bulletin 2008-2009 (33 pages)
Alberta Ed’s About Provincial Testing website
Diploma Exam Schedule 2009-2010
SOH High School Info website’s Diploma Webpage